It is a non-political, non-sectarian, non-profit making national body of learned and men and women in physical, natural and social sciences and technologies: Persons distinguished in their own rights and interested in the promotion, advancement and application of Science and Technology for human development.
It was launched on June 24, 2005 by His Excellency, Dr. Benjamin William Mkapa, the then President of the United Republic of Tanzania. The academy is fully registered.
Highlights and Publications »
- Call for Abstract on Air Pollution
- 22-10-2012 - The Congress will bring together corporate environment managers, the media, consultants, policy makers…
- Leverhulme-Royal Society Africa Award
- 22-10-2012 - This scheme is for scientists who want to develop a collaborative research project between the UK and…
- International Conference on the Functional Food Ingredients and Nutraceuticals in Chronic Disease
- 18-10-2012 - Jointly with the Department of Biology, SMU, we are very pleased to announce the International Conference…
- Research Fundinng from DFID
- 24-09-2012 - Dear All
I would like to draw your attention to a new and exciting development. The Royal…
- TAAS Elected New Office Bearers
- 17-09-2012 - Dear All
You are informed that our Academy's General Meeting held on July 19, 2012, the following…